[pcductape] Re: compaq deskpro en

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 09:22:25 -0700

Hi Barbara,
That's a good way to get some good experience. Making old things work with new
and old parts and software, one can learn a lot fast. The newer stuff does a lot
automatic for you, but the older stuff, one has to figure out how to do it, but
once you do, ones chances of fixing any computer are better.

I've always wondered about this nerd thing.  No one has ever called me a nerd,
or insane, well, maybe. :O)

But when I compare me talking to people all over the world on any subject, with
someone watching addictive soaps on the boob tube, who is insane? :O)

Also knowing how to fix computers can be very helpful in the world.

For instance, I had an Agent Orange physical recently at the Vets Hospital.
No big deal, I was just in an Agent Orange area, Vietnam.

My next appointment with this doctor would have been in Oct, his first opening,
however, since I diagnosed his computer while he was questioning me, I got an
appointment in a week. Almost everyone I talked to in the hospital wanted to
take me home.  It seems almost everyone's computer is just about in the same
boat these days.  Most have been using them for a few years now and they are
just too full of junk.  They all need cleaned out, but they don't know what to
do. It's usually easier to format and start fresh, but most don't want to lose
anything, even the stuff they have forgotten about. :O)

I fix far more computers for free, than I charge for. For this I get a lot of
free dinners and I've made a lot of new friends. :O)

From: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tuesday, May 13, 2003 12:51:55 PM
To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

By the way, I think I made a mistake and said I like Compaq computers.
I don't, but they aren't that bad. :O)

I like Dell the best right now.
But if a person is on a tight budget, an Emachine will work quite well also.

.