[pcductape] compaq deskpro en

  • From: "Barbara Schonfeld" <bschonfeld@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 22:39:19 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Hi Thanks to Sandi or some unknown forces, I have made my way back to the
list. I have a compaq deskpro en that I am trying to work on.. and so far no
luck. It is my children's computer and they started having trouble with
windows 98 not wanting to load. So I have been trying to reinstall but no
luck. I have no restore disk. I did download a file from compaq that
installed the diagnostics back on the hard drive.  I have tried formating
and fdisk . I printed out some stuff from compaq, but I've come to the
conclusion that I have totally no clue on what to do next. Do I have to have
a restore cd from compaq to make this bugger work or what??  Any clues or
ideas would be helpful. thanks Barbara
Also thanks for the reminder about updating my virus scanner, I had forgotten
to check it lately and it needed updating... :)

GIF image