[pcductape] Re: bugbear virus

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:57:45 -0500

Hi Scott,

Yes that is always good advice.   However in my case I was in a frame of
mind to do a reinstall of Windows xp if I screwed up.   I had decided that I
would delete all restore files on the computer and then do a new install,
which means I would have had to download all of Miscrosoft's updates.
Btw, I noticed that bugbear attached itself to adaware.exe and to winzip.exe
before I was able to remove the virus.   I wonder why the maker of the virus
wanted to attached to random .exe files;   what purpose did it serve?