[pcductape] Re: bossy mouse / ISP's

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 01:03:06 -0500

Hi Pam,

Friday, June 13, 2003, 6:03:39 PM, you wrote:

P> True, but often I know of or have heard of others that are experiencing same
P> problem, like being disconnected often, or dial in won't connect, password
P> being rejected, etc.  Today's problem was a too-sensitively set spam filter
P> and they just couldn't acknowledge/admit that..... until I reminded them
P> that it was me who rode them daily for nearly 2 months straight around the
P> first of the year this year for the same problem.

Most calls are indeed from people who have a problem on their own end.
The really hard part is usually getting them to do all the steps to
double-check their settings.

If they learn that you're someone who usually knows what she's talking
about, they'll (probably) be more likely to pay attention in the
future.

--Scott.