[pcductape] Re: bossy mouse / ISP's

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:05:38 -0500

Hi David,
Yep, that's the word that my tired ol' brain wouldn't let me remember last
night.  =)
If I had turned it over I'd have seen the name of it, duh!  MS Intellimouse
Optical USB.  Guess I'll go look for the driver CD and see what happens.
Strange thing is that it comes and goes.  It was a menace earlier today when
I ended up regularly clicking on something I wasn't pointing at, but at this
moment it is behaving.  Guess it could sense my grip of frustration as I was
working with a client and her ISP's tech support earlier today.

<vent of steam>
Every ISP I've ever dealt with (present company excluded, Vic), when they
are experiencing a problem, always tries to pawn the fault of a problem on
anything and everything other than themselves even when it is clearly their
problem.  Does anyone else have to deal with this type of behavior with
their ISP?  What I don't understand is WHY?  Don't they understand that the
customer would feel much more loyalty and trust for them if they simply
said, "oops, looks like we have a problem.  we'll try and get it fixed as
soon as we can, thanks for letting us know".  But instead, they pass the
buck and procede to tell you it's your computer, your phone company, your
modem, reinstall windows, your web host, or some such other tale.
</vent of steam>