[pcductape] blocking one's own email

  • From: "Elaine Bradshaw" <zona01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pcductape freelists.org" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:07:45 +0100

I wonder how many of you do the same as I do with Spam that comes in the email
I use IE6 and when I have a Spam mail come into the inbox I normally highlight
the offending email click message on the toolbar and click block sender.  this
then normally shoves the next one from that address in the deleted box.  I
always check the deleted item box just in case an legitimate email goes in
there by mistake.

Well just lately I noticed when I posted to this list that the post when it
came back to me went into the deleted items, puzzled I check the properties of
my post and could find no reason as to why it should end up into the deleted
items box.  It wasn't until a Spam email came in  that I realised what was
happening.
As I clicked to block sender, I noticed that it was my email address that I was
about to block.

Some how the author of the email had made the "from address" as mine, Seeing
this, I checked my blocked senders list and sure enough there was my email
address.  I removed that entry but on checking further I found another of my
email addresses in the blocked senders list.

So if any of you use that method of blocking email addresses, Beware check each
time to make sure its not your own one your blocking.

Elaine

---