[pcductape] Re: backing up the registry

  • From: "Huntress" <sanneumann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:05:11 -0400

It's quite simple actually.  After opening regedit, highlight My Computer on
the left screen side then go to File then click on Export and give the file
a unique name or date.  The default save location is in the My Documents
folder.  There are two ways to restore your old registry.  One is by simply
double clicking on the .reg file you created and the second is to open
regedit again, go to File and choose Import.