[pcductape] Re: avg 6 ending support

  • From: "Richard Crumlich" <richard_crumlich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 14:06:06 -0600

Trapper...

MS said they could not remove it from the OS without damaging the OS... but the the author of 98lite and XPlite proved them partially wrong.. You can remove it but you lose some of the folder functions that are helpful but it does run leaner and you can install anything you want from there. Any program though like Slimbrowser or Plugins like google toolbar and ebay toolbar will not work. Further information is here... http://www.litepc.com/ ... I use their free ieradicator program to clean up 95-ME systems that have unrepairable botched Internet Explorer 6 upgrades... just run the program and reinstall a fresh copy of Internet Explorer and bing - bang - boom... back up and running... (Usually )

Rick