[pcductape] Re: avg 6 ending support

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 09:31:51 -0800

Thanks Bob for a great listing.
Has nothing to do with whether I liked the list or not...Was just looking
for a listing of what others are using and have tried out, A place to
start..
I use Irfanview as well...Your right that I don't care for it..I only use it
for a quick view not for professional use in our busn.
For that I am using Photoshop CS. Does about anything you would ever need.
Does all the things Carl was mentioning.
Way to expensive though for the avg home user..Paintshop pro I reckon would
be a good alternative. I don't really know because as I say all I ever
really use is the Photoshop cs..
I don't usually use screen savers, except for fun. They are of no technical
value anymore.

Perhaps I should re-phrase my question and put it this way..
what programs are needed..Anti-virus? if so what one?
adware programs? If so which one...Spam..etc?
Seems like these days we are needing a lot of stuff ( which all take up
space) just to keep windows out of trouble. Is there one out there that will
do it all??? I of course an phrasing this question to apply towards
freebies. One can sure out a lot of money in a hurry to buy this program and
that program trying to keep windows afloat.