[pcductape] Re: avg 6 ending support

  • From: "bill wingler" <bwingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 03:31:39 -0500

Bob, a couple months ago I downloaded the free version (6.0) of AVG, had to
register with Grisoft to get a serial (or key) number to activate it.  And
so far I can dl updated virus defininition files, but reading on their
website it seems they're discontinuing providing update virus def files for
this version at the end of December.  And, though the program will still
work, it will become decreasingly effective after that.  Actually, I guess
I'm a little surprised they have provided the free version all these years,
but sure have liked using it.  I wonder if the AntiVir guys won't start
charging for theirs, too, sometime soon.  The free lunch is getting harder
to come by. :-)

Bill

http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6132-0.html?forumID=32&threadID=42477&messageID
=497927