[pcductape] Re: append to name from zipped file - Solved

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 06:17:17 -0600

Hi Pam,

P> If they were included in the zip file I couldn't locate them.  The only
P> thing I found was the path address of where they were extracted from.  In
P> other words, I could see that the path for a particular file was originally,
P> projects/pstryker/program5/includeLibrary/_vti_cnf/default.asp, but it's
P> only text.  I included a screen shot of what I mean.

The path that you see is the path that the files were originally in,
and WinZip has an option that you can turn on (which is apparently
turned off, for some reason, but I think it's on by default, so you
apparently turned it off at some point) to extract the files using the
original paths, so that the first default.asp would go into
projects\pstryker\Test3, etc. I don't have WinZip installed on this
computer right now, but I've used it before and it DOES have that

If you can't find the option, then install another Zip program. The
only way that you would NOT be able to extract to the original path
would be if the original path were not stored (PKZIP has the option to
not store the path). Since you can see the path listed, then it was
stored. I'll check at work today and see where the option is in