[pcductape] append to name from zipped file

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pcductape" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 12:36:59 -0600

Hi all,
I have a zipped file with over 1900 files in it.  Originally these files
were in their own folders but the folders were somehow stripped away.  When
the folder structure was removed many (very very many) of these files within
the zip file have identical file names. I can view the contents of the
zipped file but I cannot save the entire unzipped content because it wants
to replace all same file names.  I need to keep the original file name so
that I can put this puzzle back together eventually.  So, what I've been
doing by hand is one by one appending a number to the end of the file name,
like default01.asp, default02.asp, default03.asp, etc. Does anyone know of a
handy little app that can do about the same thing, but faster?