[pcductape] Re: aol

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 13:22:30 -0600

Hi Chuck, Carl, and De,

Thank you for your info.  I should have stated my aim a little more clearly.
While I plan to clean too, the main goal of my question is for searching out
orphaned or problem files left by aol.  He is experiencing problems with his
machine, with the need for frequent reboots, if his machine remains idle for
long it doesn't want to come back and must be rebooted, the cursor icon
becomes stuck in one place on the screen while the true cursor remains
active but is invisible therefore near impossible to use and must be
rebooted, and programs quit behaving after a little while until rebooted.
So... besides the obvious routine, virus check, spyware and trojan check,
and general clean up, I'm looking for possible uninstalls that left
troublemakers behind.  Not knowing anything about AOL left me with an area I
couldn't investigate as thoroughly as I'd like to. I don't know much about
his machine specs other that its an HP,  running WinME.
And speaking of my friend, his name is Bill.  He joined our merry band
yesterday evening. This is the first list he's ever seen, although he joined
a different type of list on yahoo.  Say hello to him.  =) Carl, you and he
have postal service and police work in common, although with different types
of stuff.
One more question I just thought of regarding yahoo groups and AOL. It
appears as if AOL is blocking access to that part of their web site for him;
groups.yahoo.com.  Is there a way to make AOL quit blocking access?