[pcductape] Re: aol

  • From: "teknospud" <teknospud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 04:10:47 -0800

Hi Pam,
  Just let me add; every version (they are non dependent) makes its own
folder and transfers some data that a newer version may need, what I
usually do is rename the last installed version to just "AOL". The next
version that you add will ask if it can make a folder, say AOL 9.0; I
say NO, install it to "AOL".  That way you get latest update that
overwrites old files and uses the old data that still might be useful.
Usually I get a 95% success rate for all the old passwords, settings and
URLs to work correctly.