[pcductape] Re: aol

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 06:26:52 EST

In a message dated 1/17/04 11:26:41 PM Central Standard Time,
ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
  Hi Pam
  I use AOL 6.0 and have used alot of the older versions (and have seen some
of the newer versions), What I have seen, AOL uses pretty much the same layout
in all of their versions. The newer the version the more graphics.
  see notes inline

> .  Does anyone here
> know where AOL 8 keeps their temp files?

    When AOL caches it uses temporary internet files folder. Also check in
the AOL folder for a sub folder that says aoltemp, things hide there.

   Also, are AOL upgrades dependent
> on their previous versions?

   No I do not think so.

   Can I safely delete the files of older versions
> of AOL on the machine?

   Go to add/remove programs and click on uninstall AOL, it will take a
minute but it will tell you all versions that are installed, you highlight the
version you want to uninstall and uninstall it, it will uninstall only the one
you
highlight.

    Anything else related to AOL  that I might need to
> know or can get rid of?

You may want to check their personal filing cabinet, that may need cleaning
or orgainizing if they keep every piece of incoming/outgoing mail and
informatioin about everything that they have downloaded, and news group
information. I
clean/compress mine on a regular bases.
If you want/need screen shots let me know and I can send some of those to you.
HTH
De