[pcductape] Re: another virus

  • From: "Elaine Bradshaw" <zona01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 16:40:40 +0100

Thanks Pam

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pam
  To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 2:53 PM
  Subject: [pcductape] another virus

  Hey guys,
  We have another virus circulating that promises to be a big one.  It
originated in the UK recently but over the weekend it began migrating rapidly
to the rest of the world.  It appears to come from support@microsoft, carries
an attachment, and sadly, many virus detectors are not alerting on it yet,
including (but not limited to) Norton.  You are safe if you do not open it.
Always remember that microsoft will not send updates or any other file
attachment by email, especially if you didn't ask them to.  I've already
received a copy of this virus and now so has this list (which we can thank
freelists for stripping).

  If you would like to read some news articles from all over the world and the
internet community I found no shortage of them when I searched at google.

  Take care all,