[pcductape] Re: another virus

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 11:24:07 -0400

http://www3.ca.com/solutions/collateral.asp?CT=27081
<http://www3.ca.com/solutions/collateral.asp?CT=27081&CID=43146> &CID=43146
-----Original Message-----
From: Pam [mailto:ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2003 9:54 AM
To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pcductape] another virus

Hey guys,
We have another virus circulating that promises to be a big one.  It
originated in the UK recently but over the weekend it began migrating
rapidly to the rest of the world.  It appears to come from support@microsoft
<mailto:support@microsoft> , carries an attachment, and sadly, many virus
detectors are not alerting on it yet, including (but not limited to) Norton.
You are safe if you do not open it.   Always remember that microsoft will
not send updates or any other file attachment by email, especially if you
didn't ask them to.  I've already received a copy of this virus and now so
has this list (which we can thank freelists for stripping).

If you would like to read some news articles from all over the world and the
internet community I found no shortage of them when I searched at google.
http://news.google.com/news?hl=en
<http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=usa&q=support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx+virus
> &edition=usa&q=support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx+virus

Take care all,