[pcductape] another virus

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 08:53:37 -0500

Hey guys,
We have another virus circulating that promises to be a big one.  It
originated in the UK recently but over the weekend it began migrating
rapidly to the rest of the world.  It appears to come from
support@microsoft, carries an attachment, and sadly, many virus detectors
are not alerting on it yet, including (but not limited to) Norton.  You are
safe if you do not open it.   Always remember that microsoft will not send
updates or any other file attachment by email, especially if you didn't ask
them to.  I've already received a copy of this virus and now so has this
list (which we can thank freelists for stripping).

If you would like to read some news articles from all over the world and the
internet community I found no shortage of them when I searched at google.

Take care all,