[pcductape] Re: ... and now the Power Supply went up in Smoke

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 19:13:16 -0600

Hi David,
Hi Michael,

I'm not making light of your problem;  just to say I've been
there.   Over the past 15 years I owned several computers and
I sorta treat my computer like my car;   I drive it til it
quits, with regular oil changes of course.   :-)   Yes, I know
the techs tell us to open the case and clean the dusk & dirt &
stuff out but I don't;   seems there is always something else
more important than to clean my computer.   So, I end up
buying a new fan or new power unit on most of my units and so
far, I've not lost valuable data.   Of course I did learn some
years ago to backup, backup, backup and now I've got a problem
trying to decide which backup do I keep and which do I
discard.   :-)    And the way I learned to swap out my fans
and power units is to find my computer on the Internet and
find the cpu display (eBay.com has a lot) and take a screen
print and find the unit and go far it.   Nothing venture;
nothing gain.   :-)

Good luck.   I wish I lived in the country.   :-(