[pcductape] Re: all of Africa

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 22:59:29 +0200

Eric
Allow me to bring up the fact that whites do not feel safe any longer in many areas of the main cities [personally a friend of mine was attacked and had her earings ripped out of her ears in Jo'burg]
Also that Jo'burg is now the rape capitol of the world.
I'll add just one other point to ponder [and do not say it cannot happen to us] the whites in Zimbabwe - the transfer of power oh so many years ago was nice and peaceful and look what just happened not so long ago.

Eric Skeen wrote:

HI Vic,
Well, our balance of trade payments is the largest it's ever been in our favour, we have just had a most peaceful general election, we're not at war with our neighbours and things are humming along nicely & peacefully here. Gold is becoming a no-no, it's becoming too expensive to mine. The Mines are going deep now, the gold is there, but it's over 3 Km deep and that is the depth that the Mines have been operating at for some time. Diamonds and Platinum we have plenty of. We don't have any of our own oil, but we do successfully convert coal into oil & gas.
What really gets my goat is people, because they do not know better, lump us as "Raw Africa". South Africa was originally part of the British Empire but gained full independence in the early 60's. We have absolutely NO ties with ANY other country in Africa other than sharing the same continent. Yet if Nigeria, Kenya, DRY etc does anything stupid, we are all thrown into one boiling pot because some ignorant overseas politicians seem to think we're a sort of "United States of Africa". Nothing is further from the truth.
Perhaps I should change my signature.

That Guy In Africa...
ICQ#  39461303
~ Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~