[pcductape] Re: all of Africa

  • From: "Eric Skeen" <northcom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:56:51 +0200

HI Vic,

Well, our balance of trade payments is the largest it's ever been in our
favour, we have just had a most peaceful general election, we're not at war
with our neighbours and things are humming along nicely & peacefully here.
Gold is becoming a no-no, it's becoming too expensive to mine. The Mines are
going deep now, the gold is there, but it's over 3 Km deep and that is the
depth that the Mines have been operating at for some time. Diamonds and
Platinum we have plenty of. We don't have any of our own oil, but we do
successfully convert coal into oil & gas.

What really gets my goat is people, because they do not know better, lump us
as "Raw Africa". South Africa was originally part of the British Empire but
gained full independence in the early 60's. We have absolutely NO ties with
ANY other country in Africa other than sharing the same continent. Yet if
Nigeria, Kenya, DRY etc does anything stupid, we are all thrown into one
boiling pot because some ignorant overseas politicians seem to think we're a
sort of "United States of Africa". Nothing is further from the truth.

Perhaps I should change my signature.
That Guy In Africa...
ICQ#  39461303
~ Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~