[pcductape] You have been working for 30 minutes

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:34:35 -0500

Hi Guys,

I am getting a weird message popup on my office computer, which has operating
system Windows 2000 Prof and Internet Explorer 6.   About once each hour I get
a pop-up message that says "You have been working for 30 minutes." and when I
click on OK it goes a way.   When it popup I engage the Task Manager and I
cannot see what it is.

Any suggestions anyone.   How can I identify the program?
Well heck, as I typed this silly little message it dawn on me to check msconfig
and see what is new in startup and the new file is "KMW_Run.exe" and when I
google for it I discovered that it is Kensington MouseWorks.   Remember when my
mouse was acing like it hated to click on an icon, so I purchase a mouse with a
ball and installed it and that is what is created the "You have been working
for 30 minutes" (I think).   I took the new mouse ball off and put a simple
cheap Dell mouse and all is well.

Thanks for your ear.

http://www.windowsstartup.com/wso/browse.php?l=11&start=25&end=50
This url will identify all the startup items in msconfig if you wanted to know.

Carl

JPEG image