[pcductape] Re: Witty attacks your firewall and destroys your data

  • From: "Huntress" <sanneumann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 16:18:52 -0500

Software firewalls have to many vulnerabilities and often have to tweaked
like mad just to get all your apps to work with them.  Hardware firewalls
are far more secure at protecting all your TCP and UDP ports.  I'm not
really an expert but I've tried both and have found that with the hardware
firewall you aren't seen or accessed by anyone else on the net unless you
allow it.