[pcductape] Re: Windows xp logon screen

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:12:42 -0400

Try this:
<http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-103>
Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx [mailto:DGrell7446@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 2:09 PM
To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pcductape] Re: Windows xp logon screen

In a message dated 08/06/2003 7:40:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I know this is old hat but I've forgotten how to stop Windows xp from asking

for logon name when I reboot.   I want the system not to wait for me to
click on my computer's name to finish booting.   I've already fixed it to
not ask for a password but now I have to click on the computer's name to
finish loading and I don't want to do have to do that.   Any suggestions?

Carl
 I do not use XP, however, you might find your answer in the networking
section? In win98 it is under networking.....(trying to remember "how to"
....been a while since I have had to turn that off. )
Just looked at my 98 machine, in control panel > network > primary network
logon. Not sure which choice to tell you. Try the choices there and see if
one of them works for you.
 At least it is something to look at.
HTH
De

This e-mail, including attachments, contains information that is
confidential and may be protected by attorney/client or other privileges.
This e-mail, including attachments, constitutes non-public information
intended to be conveyed only to the designated recipient(s). If you are
not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized
use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this e-mail, including
attachments, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify me by e-mail reply and delete
the original message and any attachments from your system.