[pcductape] Re: Windows xp logon screen

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 14:09:03 EDT

In a message dated 08/06/2003 7:40:49 AM Central Daylight Time,
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I know this is old hat but I've forgotten how to stop Windows xp from asking
> for logon name when I reboot.   I want the system not to wait for me to
> click on my computer's name to finish booting.   I've already fixed it to
> not ask for a password but now I have to click on the computer's name to
> finish loading and I don't want to do have to do that.   Any suggestions?
> Carl
  I do not use XP, however, you might find your answer in the networking
section? In win98 it is under networking.....(trying to remember "how to"
a while since I have had to turn that off. )
Just looked at my 98 machine, in control panel > network > primary network
logon. Not sure which choice to tell you. Try the choices there and see if one
of them works for you.
  At least it is something to look at.