[pcductape] Windows xp fixed itself

  • From: "Carl" <Ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>, <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 17:32:49 -0600

Hey Trapper,

You're not going to believe this;  Windows xp fixed itself.   You remember a
few days ago I fussed about my home computer loading programs so very slow,
that it would take more than a minute to just open Internet Explorer or other
programs;   well, now it's back to normal.   I have my Windows UPDate set on
automatic and I guess a recent update cleared the hang-up.   I was gone out of
town on a 3 days trip and just now got back and am truly surprised at how fast
my programs open.   Wow.

I had decided on the way home to hack the registry to try to remove the old
CDWriter that was in conflict with xp SP2, but now I'm going to leave it alone
for a day or two.