[pcductape] Re: Windows xp - FAT V NTFS

  • From: "Eric Skeen" <northcom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 19:47:12 +0200

Hi Carl,

Methinks the C-drive is busy telling you it wants to make way to its
final resting place. Another conclusion might be that your boot sector
might be corrupt (run a good AV & Trojan scan to check for this), or
try a Windows Repair from the CD. Can the unit boot up from a System
CD? Are your drives both S.M.A.R.T capable, and have you enabled this
function? When last did you run a defrag & disk cleanup?

Finally, it might pay you to check that all cables & connectors are
secure and not working loose.

I very much doubt it is occurring as a result of your new Hard drive,
but anything is possible.

That Guy In Africa...
ICQ#  39461303
~ Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~