[pcductape] Windows xp - FAT V NTFS

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 02:49:03 -0500

Hey Guys,

One of my computers at my office has an unusual problem and I wonder if any
of you ladies and gentlemen have any suggestions.   I have a 4 year old
computer that had an adequate amount of space;   4 years ago.   I found the
need to increase my space and stupid me, rather than go to Best Buy to get a
cheap computer, I purchased a 60 gb hard drive and installed it as my E
drive.   For about a month the unit booted up ok, then one day I had to
reboot a couple of times to get the unit up;  a couple of weeks later I had
to reboot 4 times to get the unit up;   and now I have to reboot the darn
machine 8 times before it will come up.   The 1st - 7th time I reboot, the
unit goes to about 2/3 of the way (the little bar showing loading process)
and hangs.

The unit has Windows 2000 Professional with 2 hard drives;   drive C has
Windows installed and it is 4 gb and the file format is FAT.   Drive E is 60
gb and I use it for storage and misc programs.    Drive E's file format is

Any thoughts?