[pcductape] Re: Windows Update

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 23:47:14 -0500

Hi Scott,

  So far the computer seems fine after installing the 15 Critical
Updates and the 7 Windows XP updates, so I think I'm ok. It has 2 driver
updates, but I'll ignore them :-)  I once installed an update that I
didn't need and it screwed something up.  That's why I wasn't sure about
which Windows XP updates to install.  Also, I installed a driver update
for my printer, and that got screwed up, too.  I'll just get the driver
updates from the websites of whatever program I want to update.

   As for Norton- auto protect IS on.  For everything, including
scanning emails.  The spyware didn't show up as viri,  they showed up as
"possible threats".  The computer doesn't have a virus. After running
Ad-aware and Spybot and rescanning with those programs again, nothing
shows up.  But when I run Norton Antivirus, they still show up there as
possible threats.  I don't know why. BTW, I keep my Norton up to date
with the Live Updates.

Lisa