[pcductape] WinXP-to- W98

  • From: BREZZ132@xxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 22:05:35 EST

I have a client who just bought a new, basic PC at CompUSA.  He wanted to
upgrade his programs from a slower Pentium PC.  However, several of his DOS
programs will not run on the XP machine.
  I'm not that familar with XP but I proposed to re-format his new PC and
load W98SE, (what he has on his old machine).  He went back to CompUSA and they
told him that it would not work.  I haven't done that particular switch before
but I don't believe it will be a problem - - - except perhaps for some special
drivers that I might have to download from the new PC.
Any comments or suggestions????
Jupiter Matt