[pcductape] Re: WinVNC

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 20:56:45 -0600

Scott,
That would probably work, but the main reason I installed this on my
client's machine is because she is in the beginning stages of alzheimers and
she often forgets things (and promises to only get worse). I am trying to
fix it so that I no longer have to explain the same thing repeatedly since I
can do it myself now via the virtual desktop.  I was wanting a way I could
see her IP from my machine at any given time.  She has ICQ and MSN Messenger
running all the time so I was hoping I could use netstat to tell me what IP
her message came from. Any suggestions?

Sandi, when you have VNC running you can mouse over the VNC icon in the
system tray and it will tell you your current IP addresses both online and
network.

Pam