[pcductape] Re: WinME vs W98SE

  • From: "Eric Skeen" <northcom@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 14:27:41 +0200

You can select either NTFS or FAT32 in Windows 2000. Win2K is a superb OS
and the chances are you will never return to 98 or ME. Backup all your
existing data first though in case Win2K decides to format the drive. BTW,
it is best to reserve say, 3GB for the OS, and the remainder of the drive
for your programs. Best way to do this is with Partition Magic before you
install the new OS. You will most likely have to re-install all your program
files in any case, and be aware that many (fairly recent) scanners may not
be supported in Win2K.

That Guy In Africa...
ICQ#  39461303
~ Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~