[pcductape] Re: WinME vs W98SE

  • From: BREZZ132@xxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 07:59:46 EDT

ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<I agree with Bob;   why go backwards in technology?>>

I don't feel that ME was much of an advance in Op Systems but I think that
the "solution" might be for her to "upgrade" to W2000.  I don't use W2000, but
understand it is a more stable Op System than W98SE or WinME.

My only concern is that I understand that W2000 uses a different file system
than WinME, (Fat 32 vs Nts something) - - - and I'm not sure whether the
upgrade will trash her existing files.   Any comments????