[pcductape] Re: WinME vs W98SE

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 16:56:11 EDT

In a message dated 06/07/2003 8:15:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
BREZZ132@xxxxxx writes:

> My daughter has WinME on her computer, (hates it - - it came with her HP)
> but she would like to go back to W98SE which she had on her older PC.
> Question:  Can I just delete the WinME folder and then install her W98SE?
> And will she lose any of her files or have to reinstall any drivers?
> Can anyone give me some advice on this proposal?

Hi Matt
   I have done this, (new HP with winXP, owner wanted 98se) The first thing
that I did was gather information about the hardware. Then went to the HP site
to make sure that all drivers were available. Downloaded all drivers before I
fdisk and formated the drive. Installed 98se and the owner is a happy camper.
I would recommend that you back up any files that she wants to keep. Then go
for it.
Good luck
HTH
De