[pcductape] Re: Win98se Icons on the desktop

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:10:58 -0500

I think so.   I would remove the eBay toolbar and reboot.  I bet that will fix
the problem.

There is a lot of talk about this problem at
http://forums.techguy.org/t127130/s92f3e2da642363b64b69ec292be1ba12.html
and one of the techs believe the problem is related to spyware, notably
Xupiter.    Since your Ad-Aware did not identify Xupiter, I would use regedit
and do a search for xupiter and remove all registry entries for xupiter.

Remember to backup the data files 1st.