[pcductape] Re: Win XP home ed.

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 18:40:50 EDT

In a message dated 10/10/03 4:09:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
northcom@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Welcome to the World of XP! My humble little contribution to your epic is
> to consider adding more RAM to the new machine, 128MB is a wee bit on the
> lean
> side for XP.  256MB is about the minimum you should run, 512MB is far better.
   I still do not have a machine that I call mine that has XP on it. I have
been troubleshooting others XP machines. This machine is for another person and
I just wanted to tweek it out for this person. Ram can be an addition down
the road, they are just gettting started with computers.
   One of these days I will put XP on a HD and then I want to learn how to
dual boot XP with a Linux OS  on one of my computers. I will yell when I need /
want help in doing this.
  Thanks for the info on more ram.
Take care