[pcductape] Re: Win XP

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:07:17 -0500

Hi Pam,

P> Does anyone using XP know how to access where dual desktops would be set up
P> or deleted/combined?  What I need to do is hopefully combine 2 desktops into
P> 1, but if I can't combine then I'll need to delete 1 and somehow reset all
P> the stuff related to the deleted desktop to be accessible on the remaining
P> desktop.

You mean different users? Log on with a name that has administrator
access, and look under Documents and Settings. You'll see each name
listed there, and in each folder, you'll see Desktop, Start Menu, My
Documents, etc. You can give one user access to see another's stuff.
If every user is already an administrator, then it's pretty simple,
although it's certainly not recommended to use administrator all the
time.

--Scott.