[pcductape] Re: Why do we have so many places to post to??

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:47:34 +0200

Lisa,

The more mail there is going back and forth and the bigger the mails [attachments and HTML] the more bandwidth and processing power needed by the servers of the list - both those translate directly to $$$$ for the owners of those servers - yahoo and topica and others pay for this in part by adding ads - whereas freelists does not - it comes out of their pocket.

IMHO - fair enough

Lisa Schnepf wrote:

Pam,

 Why does Freelist frown on offtopic posts?  Why do they care? I've
seen some lists close down because of that, and it makes no sense to me.
Why do they care what we talk about on our lists?

Lisa