[pcductape] Re: Web page

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 20:06:06 -0600

I just had a chance to go look at the 2 pages you mentioned.

>http://www.secondbaptistriverside.org/Bible_Study_Lessons/History.htm
This page isn't set in a table, wasn't created with Front Page, has a whole
bunch of unused and unnecessary code in it, and even contains contradicting
formatting instructions.  This may be the reason some are having trouble
with it.  Also, part of the coding in the page is XML which is NOT supported
by older browsers and even some current browsers.

>http://www.secondbaptistriverside.org/welcome.htm
This page was created in Front Page, and in a table, and it is already coded
to display in a floating table.  Your viewers should have no trouble viewing
this page if they are using a newer version of IE.  Older browser versions
and browsers other than IE may see the page a bit differently than you see
it but it shouldn't affect the actual readability of the page.  For example,
most versions of Netscape will see no background on this page, but that
doesn't affect the ability to read the text.

As for the landscape problem you mentioned, I believe that is a user
attribute, unless you have specific instructions coded into your page which
I didn't notice.
As to why they have a scroll bar on the bottom, I can't say but I suspect it
may have to do with being an older browser.

Pam