[pcductape] Re: WIN32/MAGISTR.B

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:32:59 -0700

Hi Carl,
 You might try what is below to reset the restore files.
Of course if the virus is still in the system, it may still put it back in the
first restore point, but is worth a try.

This error message may occur if the System Restore files are damaged.
To work around this issue, try one of the following methods:
Method One
  1.. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click
MS-DOS Prompt.
  2.. At the command prompt, type the following commands, pressing ENTER after
each command:
  cd system
  cd restore
  rstrui.exe /makefirstrestorepoint

  3.. Close the command prompt window by clicking the Close button in the
upper-right corner of the window.
  4.. Restart your computer.
Method Two
If method one does not resolve the issue, reinstall Windows XP, after you
perform a clean boot.