[pcductape] Re: WIN32/MAGISTR.B

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:09:33 GMT

Hi Carl,
Try finding the file that your AV quarantines viruses in and delete the contents of the file. You might try deleting your temp files and recycle bin too.

Pam

ctm007 writes:

MessageHi Guys,

I need advice. I have a windows xp system that cannot get rid of WIN32/MAGISTR.B virus. Some weeks ago my system reported the virus WIN32/MAGISTR.B and I immediately ran AVG virus program and it cure the virus. However, even though the virus is no longer on my system I keep getting notice when I reboot of a virus identified by AVG Resident Shield and that I should run AVG to remove it. When I run AVG it reports no virus.
I have scaned my computer with all the free virus scan programs on the internet including:
www.housecall.antivirus.com
www.grisoft.com
www.mcafee.com
www.bitdefender.com

And I downloaded, installed and ran Protector Plus 2000 from http://www.protectorplus.com; it found no virus. I also conducted registry searches for WIN32/MAGISTR.B and MAGISTR.B and and found none. I did a search via regedit for A0017360.exe and it found one which I deleted. That was a week ago. I am still getting the message of "Virus identified" and I feel sure I do not have a virus. I uninstalled AVG and reinstalled it and still get the message.

Any suggestions any one.

Carl
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx