[pcductape] WIN32/MAGISTR.B

  • From: "ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:14:58 -0500

MessageHi Guys,

I need advice.   I have a windows xp system that cannot get rid of
WIN32/MAGISTR.B virus.    Some weeks ago my system reported the virus
WIN32/MAGISTR.B and I immediately ran AVG virus program and it cure the virus.
 However, even though the virus is no longer on my system I keep getting notice
when I reboot of a virus identified by AVG Resident Shield and that I should
run AVG to remove it.    When I run AVG it reports no virus.
I have scaned my computer with all the free virus scan programs on the internet

And I downloaded, installed and ran Protector Plus 2000 from
http://www.protectorplus.com;  it found no virus.   I also conducted registry
searches for WIN32/MAGISTR.B  and MAGISTR.B and and found none.   I did a
search via regedit for A0017360.exe and it found one which I deleted.   That
was a week ago.   I am still getting the message of "Virus identified" and I
feel sure I do not have a virus.   I uninstalled AVG and reinstalled it and
still get the message.

Any suggestions any one.

JPEG image