[pcductape] Re: VPN

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Emery, David" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:27:27 -0500

Hello David,

Saturday, April 19, 2003, 11:21:29 AM, you wrote:

ED> Scott: It sounds like you need to be a member of your Friends machine and
ED> vice-versus and you may have to put DNS settings in for Internet to work.
ED> Are you using the same workgroup name? It appears most of the things are
ED> dealing with security and profiles have to reflect authorization in the
ED> users group. Dave

My web access works fine when the VPN connection isn't active.  Since
I have a cable connection already, internet access via the VPN
connection would be a bit counterproductive.  If it's possible to have
it both ways, I'd like to know how it's done.

My co-worker was able to access my files just fine last night, and I
haven't changed any security settings in Windows; I've only tinkered
with the connection, firewall, and router settings, to tighten things
down.  I don't see any of them allowing him to see my files but not be
able to do anything with them, though.

Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx