[pcductape] Re: VPN

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Emery, David" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 00:27:33 -0500

ED>> I hook a lot up to VPN's, however, the VPN is already set at Headquarters.
ED>> do know that I am required to put in DNS and Wins settings. We continue to
ED>> use DHCP for the IP connecting to HQ. Once you get this running if your
ED>> cable-modem IP changes then the VPN IP setting I believe has to be changed
ED>> to reflect the new setting.

SM> Do you have a list of the things that you have to set and how to set
SM> them (not including such things as the actual IP addresses, of
SM> course)?

At present, I can only connect to my co-worker's system when he's
connected to mine.

We have our routers set up identically (they're the same model), and
we both have our systems set up with static local IPs, so that we
don't have to redo the router mappings each time we reboot. His cable
IP, though, is static, and mine is DHCP, although my cable IP hasn't
changed since we started messing with VPN. I think the change to local
static IP has fixed the problem with things not working after a
reboot, but it's still far from 100%.  I can no longer see my own
network after I connect to his system, and I have trouble seeing his
system, and I can't seem to see his network either.

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx

This message was sent with Apocgraphy Full Spectrum E-Mail Protection.
Unregistered for 60 days. - www.Apocgraphy.com