[pcductape] Re: Temporary Measure

  • From: "Steve" <sjclark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 16:05:59 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: pcductape-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:pcductape-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elaine
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2003 3:42 PM
To: pcductape freelists.org
Subject: [pcductape] Temporary Measure
Hi all
Due to the high volume of subscribe emails containing the W32/Sobig ect
worm that keep coming to me as I am one of the admins  I have made this
list a complete closed list.
What this means is that we the admins should not get any more
subscribe-to emails as messages submitted to a closed-post list by
non-members will now get thrown away.
This as a temporary measure just to see if the worm attack can be
Subscribed members will still be able to post as normal.
So far in the last week I have had 70 subscribe emails  from the list
each carrying the W32/Sobig worm virus so far AVG has quarantined them
so that I can delete and kill them.