[pcductape] Temporary Measure

  • From: "Elaine" <zona01@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pcductape freelists.org" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 23:42:14 +0100

Hi all

Due to the high volume of subscribe emails containing the W32/Sobig ect worm
that keep coming to me as I am one of the admins  I have made this list a
complete closed list.

What this means is that we the admins should not get any more subscribe-to
emails as messages submitted to a closed-post list by non-members will now get
thrown away.

This as a temporary measure just to see if the worm attack can be halted.

Subscribed members will still be able to post as normal.

So far in the last week I have had 70 subscribe emails  from the list each
carrying the W32/Sobig worm virus so far AVG has quarantined them so that I can
delete and kill them.

Regards

Elaine

---