[pcductape] Re: System Restore

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:26:05 +0200

Bob ,

Sys restore in XP only saves and restores system files - nothing more
and nothing less.

But.........and there is always a but with Microsoft [LOL], watch how
that sys restore file grows if you don't set it to some sort of limit -
the first time I ran XP I didn't know about this and all of a sudden my
C: partition had "lost" over 2 GB of free space. Limit the amount of
restores you want otherwise.......

P.S. You would be able to find the music files if.....they were not in
temp storage, if they had already been saved to your hard disk they
would not be lost.

You can check this out, if you have the guts, in the following manner -

A - Create a restore point manually. Give it a name you'll definitely
remember
B - Download a file and store it somewhere that you'll remember.
C - Restart your comp and then do a restore sys maneuver.
D - Check to see that the file you downloaded really does still exist.

Let us know - that way we will know 2 things .....

1. That what I say is true or false
2. That you have guts

Have fun

TTFN