[pcductape] Re: Shrunken Laptop screen

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:53:01 -0700

Ok there is your problem.

First go to device manager, through system in control panel.
Check to see that the monitor is what you have, or at least PNP type default.

Since the resolution is stuck, it means the adapter card drivers are not
installed properly, or of the wrong type.

Try going to device manager, note the name of the video drivers there under
video adapter.
Choose it and hit the remove button.  Reboot and the machine should try to
install the right ones for your video card.

Sometimes the right ones are installed, but didn't latch up properly, so doing
this will refresh the drivers and may make things work, otherwise you need to
get the right video drivers installed for your system, which can usually be had
at the manufacturers of the computer web page.