[pcductape] Re: Shall I drop kick the printer?

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:01:09 -0400

Hi Jan,

  Funny that you mentioned it's an Epson.  I guessed it might be from
reading your previous emails before I actually read this one.  I have an
Epson Stylus Color 880 and it used to work great (it's about 2 years old
or so).  I've been having nothing but problems with mine lately - lines
all throughout the pages, etc. even when I use new ink; I can clean the
print heads until the cows come home, and nothing.  I bought a lot of
ink cartridges for the printer, and I even bought print head cleaning
kits, I still can't get it to print right anymore. I've been using more
ink to try to clean the print heads than to actually print something!  I
have tons of baby pictures that I took on my digital camera and I can't
print them out.  Tomorrow I'm going to buy some film for my 35 mm camera
(if it still works! LOL).  In the meantime, I have no idea what to do
about the printer. I still have a bunch of ink cartridges for it.  I
think for sure the print heads are  shot.  If you get another printer,
maybe you should get another brand.  I think I might. The Epson's print
heads are in the printer.  Some printers have the print heads on the
cartridge, which is better because every time you change a cartridge,
you get new print heads.  The Epson was great, but it only lasted two
years.  My brother had an Epson, too, and his didn't last that long,
either.  So, I, too, would like to know info about a good printer, not
too expensive (the Epson I bought was $150) but that prints pretty nice
photos from digital cameras. Thanks.

Lisa