[pcductape] Re: Shall I drop kick the printer?

  • From: "Jan L. Hodges" <Siriuswriter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:09:00 -0500

The background was printed although the color was off and faded, but no
text, the actual thing I wanted printed, showed up on the page. At this time
I was still showing about 3/4 black and 1/4 color. After checking a few
thing, such as turning to computer off, rebooting, turning the printer off
then back on, I uninstalled and reinstalled the printer according to the
instructions at the Epson site.

I also replaced both ink cartridges with brand new one. The status monitor
for the color shows it is full but the black says it is only half full which
means either the monitor is off or I received a defective cartridge.

But nothing prints now not even the background items. By background I mean
the option we have of either using the setting so it prints text only or
will give background, color and all. It won't even print for the test the
Epson Manual suggests.

I also downloaded new drivers from the Epson site and installed them and
that didn't work.

Jan